Billing Changes to Take Effect June 1
High West Energy is informing its members that, starting on June 1, a series of important and billing changes will go into effect. Members will see these changes reflected on the bills they receive in July.
High West will be providing more information about these changes over the next several months, however, here are some of the important details our members should know:
- When these changes take effect in June, most members will be paying less out of pocket every month.
- High West is going to begin itemizing all bills to offer a clear explanation of the steps required to provide electricity and the cost of each step. Members will see this change reflected in the bills they receive in July.
- The grid access charge will increase, beginning in June, from $28 to $38.
- High West currently plans to phase in smaller grid access charge increases over the next five years.
- The grid access charge is what each member pays for the poles, wires and other minimum infrastructure necessary to get electricity from the generation site to a home, farm or business. High West members have been paying a grid access charge for 60 years.
Members interested in more information about these changes can send an email to RateQuestions@highwestenergy.com.