Unclaimed Patronage

Facebook  Twitter    Pinterest YouTube Google+  

Cooperative members share in the ownership, construction, maintenance and prosperity of High West Energy. When you move into a home or establish a business in the High West Energy service territory, and complete a membership application, you become a member of the cooperative. Each fall, the board of directors evaluates the financial condition of the cooperative to determine if we can pay patronage dividends.

When financial conditions allow, the board decides to pay a patronage dividend, we calculate the amount we need to pay each member. Anyone who was a member in the previous year will receive a dividend. Patronage capital is based on the amount of electricity you use, so the amount you are allocated varies from year to year. Businesses that use a lot of electricity build up a larger patronage capital account than a homeowner, for example.

If your refund is more than $5, you receive a capital credit refund check at the annual meeting or in the mail. This refund is proof that cooperative membership pays! Refunds of less than $5 will be held until a member’s dividend total reaches the minimum $5 pay out amount.

The following is a list of names of individuals or businesses whose checks from previous years were either returned as undeliverable or the checks were not cashed for one reason or another. If you recognize a name on the list, please notify that person. If the person is deceased, let one of their relatives know about the unclaimed check. An official representative of the estate can contact us to claim the check.

Please call Kim Gotfrey at (307) 245-4328 regarding unclaimed patronage dividends.

Touchstone Energy Cooperative Logo

Headquarters Pine Bluffs - 6270 County Road 212 • PO Box 519 - Pine Bluffs, WY 82082